Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Fishing the White

Posted by David Bolin

Mike Davis invited me to split the fee on a guide trip again this year. I figured since he caught all the fish last time that I would catch a break this time. I suppose I'll have to try again next year. He fished circles around me again...but I caught the biggest one!

We fished with Jim Traylor. If you're looking for a guide in the Mountain Home area, you won't go wrong with Jim. I highly recommend him.

How many bamboo rods have you made?

What type of finish do you use?

Which rod components do you make?

Do you soak your bamboo?

Which rod geometries do you make?

What kind of glue do you use to glue up rod blanks?

At what temperature do you heat treat (degrees F)?

What kind of ferrules do you use?

How do you apply finish to a rod?

What would you rather be doing?

What are your favorite bamboo rod lengths?

How do you flatten the nodes?

Do you pin ferrules?

Which tapers do you recommend for a first build?

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP