Monday, January 19, 2009

Annual Rod Making Subscriptions

Posted by David Bolin

Lee's Tri-hex post reminded me that it's time to renew my annual rod making subscriptions. There are three publications that, in my opinion, deserve the financial support of the bamboo rod making community.

The Planing Form by Ron Barch: The Planing Form is a bi-monthly newsletter. It's the international newspaper of the bamboo rod making community. The annual subscription is $25. Here's a link to Ron's subscription site.

Power Fibers by Todd Talsma: Power Fibers is the quarterly magazine of the bamboo rod making community. It's available on CD for a $20 annual subscription or it can be downloaded for free. Pay the twenty bucks! It's worth the investment to help Todd keep it going. Here's a link to the subscription site.

Bamboorodmaking.com by Todd Talsma: Todd has been accumulating posts from the rodmakers list for several years. He maintains a web site with those posts organized by subject. There are thousands of posts on every imaginable subject available on his site. It's the international library of the bamboo rod making community. The site requires no subscription. But there is a link provided to make donations. Here's a link to the donations page.

I have not economic interest in these publications. I just want to recognize their good work and help them keep it going.

I'm paid up for another year. I suppose I should tell SWMBO that I spent some money tonight. I'll blame it on Lee. By the way, Lee did a good job of introducing his tri-hex geometry. I had an opportunity to cast his 8013 at SRG 2008. It's a great rod. I was very impressed with the tracking in particular. I anchored it on the end of a picnic table and bounced the tip to watch it recover. The tracking was perfect. Straight up and down. No side to side or elliptical motion. Very impressive!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP