Saturday, January 31, 2009

Cabins in Mountain View Arkansas

Posted by David Bolin

I just finished up a blog for my Mom. My parents have cabins for rent in the Mountain View area. They needed a web site where folks could see pictures of the cabins.

Mountain View is my home town. My Dad taught me to fish and make things. Memories of late night fishing on South Sylamore creek will always rank at the top of my list. We'd toss Jitterbugs up against bluff walls and slowly reel them back across deep pools in the creek. It was too dark to see the bluffs or the Jitterbugs. And Dad wouldn't let me carry the flashlight. He rarely ever turned it on. I suppose that was a good thing. I knew there were snakes lying on the cool wet gravel along the creek. But they didn't bother me too much so long as I couldn't see them. And then there were the beavers. There's noting quite like a beaver slapping the water a few feet away. Didn't have to take a bathroom break the rest of the night!

Back to the Jitterbugs. A Jitterbug gurgles along on the surface of the water leaving a wake in it's path. I couldn't see it, but I sure could hear it. The anticipation of a strike was almost more than I could stand. A goggle eye (black bass) would slam the bug with no warning. Keep in mind that I couldn't see any of this happening. It was pitch black on the creek. You have to hear and feel the fish. That's a totally thrilling experience. And a goggle eye the size of your hand fights better than a stocker rainbow.

I'm not sure what all that has to do with Mom's cabins. I do hope that folks that visit Mountain View will find the small town atmosphere refreshing. It's a wonderfully unique place.

Here's the link to Mom's new blog. And if you do ever visit Mountain View, stay off the creeks at night. There are all kinds of critters out there!

www.sarahscabins.blogspot.com

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP