Sunday, August 19, 2007

Another 4pc ready to glue up...finally

Posted by David Bolin

This one is taking a while. But now that it's to hot to fish, I'm making a little progress. I'm ready to glue this on up. That's going to be a little tricky in this heat. The open time for Titebond III is really brief in hot weather. I can get 10 minutes out of it with the room temperature is in the 70s. At 90 degrees, the open time drops to 6 or 7 minutes. I'll crank up the window unit in the garage, open the kitchen door and put a fan in the kitchen to help cool down the garage. That should give me a whopping 10 minutes. This is the 4pc version of the Sir Darryl. Click on "Tapers" in the Photo Albums list to see the taper sheet for this rod. This one will be a little faster than number 8. You can see that in the deflection curve. I'm not sure if I'm going to like it. Number 8 is about perfect for our North Arkansas creeks. But this one might turn over a Dave's Near Nuff a little better. We'll see...

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP