Sunday, July 29, 2007

North Sylamore

Posted by David Bolin


Spent a few hours on the creek with Dad yesterday. Fished about a mile of water. We caught a few blue gill and goggle-eye. It took a while but we finally found a great hole full of brownies. That's a picture of the brownie hole with this post. I've added a North Sylamore photo album if you want to see more. That really was the perfect brownie hole... about 4 feet deep with a well shaded grass bed in the edge of the water and a bunch of shoe box sized rocks in the grass that extended out into the creek a few feet for the crayfish to hide in. Dropped a crayfish pattern (Dave's near nuff) in the edge of the grass and eased it out through the rocks...crawling it on the bottom really slow. The little brownies (10 inches or less) raced out of the grass to see who could get there first. It was very cool! They broke off both my crayfish patterns before I figured out that my tippet was to light. They broke off my 4x first, then the 3x. I'll start with 2x next time. I had forgotten how hard they fight. I right sized my tippet, put on a small tan sculpin and landed a couple. I'll be better prepared next time. I was pleased that Dad brought a fly rod. Hopefully I can hook him up on some brownies next time out.

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP